Malaysian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (MANCID) will be organizing its 21st MANCID Annual Conference (21st MANCO) at TH Hotel & Convention Centre, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia from 9 -11 October 2016.
The conference theme
“Modernizing Irrigation and Drainage for a new Green Revolution”
- Water Productivity : Revisiting the concepts in light of water, energy and food nexus.
- Water saving. What is possible, what is not possible?
- Water footprint of crops and derived crop products
- Hydropower generation in irrigation systems: sharing water and benefits
- Understanding water productivity, water and energy use efficiency
- Water security for growth and development
- Transferring water out of agriculture: emerging issues and challenges.
- State of knowledge of irrigation techniques and practicalities within given socio-economic settings.
- Precision irrigation management
- Water use in food value chains
- Modelling and remote sensing for modernization and operation of irrigation schemes
- Monitor and control systems for improved operation and maintenance of irrigation schemes
Improving surface irrigation under water scarcity